Transparent: secondarily defined as free from pretense or deceit; readily understood
Informatics: the science and practice of information processing, specially designed to enhance and enrich the practice of medicine

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sites & Apps

As anyone who knows me knows, I love gadgets.  I don't think it would be to my benefit were I to admit to all of the wasted dollars on the folly of early adoption.  However, I am glad to let you know of a few cool virtual things I've come across while playing with whichever web device I happen to have handy.

For those of you who have never come across zite, don't wait any longer.  Go straight to your iPad, iPhone or Android device and download immediately.  Zite is the ultimate news and information aggregator that is designed to be made in your own image.  While the Home page offers dozens of front page news, its customize functionality can't be beat. And yes, I also have StumbleUpon, Flipboard, and the second best info app, The NYT, but zite wins the game.

Here are my Sections:  Film & TV, Food & Cooking, Health & Exercise, Apple News, Philosophy & Spirituality, Politics, Sports, Technology, Wine & Mixology, World News, Analytics, Cult of Mac, eHealth, Infographics, Informatics, Information Design, Medicine, New York Knicks, Visualization, Social Media

I've been spending a lot of time in the second half of this list and have found some extraordinary sites, blogs, and tools.  And when I don't have the time or patience to read articles in their entirety, I save them instantly to Pocket, a web- and device-based app that holds and archives articles as you like them.  Check out the app or the website at http://getpocket.com.

And for your musical entertainment, check out the local talent - Gracie Vengco!  Soon to be found on:



No comments:

Post a Comment